JimH

"Gene Kearns" wrote in message
On Thu, 19 May 2005 19:22:29 +0000 (UTC), Peggie Hall
wrote:

Boooh Hooooo! Nobody loves me anymore. Nobody's posting any
questions about sewage and boat sewage systems. I feel old and
useless. I realize I AM old and useless but I just hate it when I
FEEL old and useless...

Peggie has, over the years, been an (if not, *the*) outstanding
contributor to all of the rec.boats.* newsgroups. This is a
counterfeit post, certainly not made by Peggie, and illustrates the
depths that some of these newsgroup vandals are willing to stoop.

Beware of those willing to "save" the newsgroup by posting obscenities
and employing ridicule and derision of other posters... even those
driven to post unacceptable quantities of unacceptable political spam.

My suggestion is, if you are capable of filtering out unwanted
messages, delete all of those messages sent through even one
anonymiser and any message with political content.

The newsgroups are bound to win... boating surely will!

Thanks for the heads up. I was suspicious from the start.

We indeed need to put an end to this. Is there anyone out there that can
trace where this poster is located and his/her IP number? Certainly we
cannot let a simple remailer beat us.