Doug Dotson

I suppose that diluting the electrolyte is a possible problem. And as you
suspect, that having electrolyte being squirting out through the vents
is a problem.

Doug

"beaufortnc" wrote in message
oups.com...
Thanks for the replies - I'd still appreciate other thoughts,

but, it leads me to another question that could serve the general good,

I've always heard that to overfill is bad, but what exactly is the
reason for that?

What harm is caused? - I know that you wouldn't want to fill so much
as to overflow and get the top of the battery wet, thereby giving
electricity a path.

But besides that, how does overfilling harm the batteries?

Thanks,

Mike.