DSK

Michael wrote:
And you spent how much time in the tropics?

Compared to some, I live in the tropics.

The cayenne pepper anti-fouling is just an old wives tale. No doubt some
people do it and swear by it, some people also put beans in their ears.

About 25 years ago I participated in a test of different antifouling
paints at a sailing club in NC, wherein somebody insisted this would
work. The about 15 years ago, ditto at a marina near Savannah, two
different "cayenne mixes" were part of that panel. About 11 years ago at
a sailing club on the Chesapeake... and the beat goes on. It's really
the smart way to find out what particular brand & type anti-foul works
best in local waters.

Ceyenne pepper as an additive does zero to improve antifouling
properties. Maybe it only works if you stir in a little chickens blood....

DSK