DSK

From: John Rose Sent: Wednesday, June 11, 2003 To:
A local fisherman's and yachtsman's practice in the Pacific NW
is to add cayenne pepper to anti-fouling paint, Keeps slime and other
stuff from fouling the bottom.

Nope, adding cayenne pepper (or jalapeno, habanero, datil, etc etc) will
do absolutely zero to help bottom paint repel slime, weed, & barnacles.
The only thing it will do is make the bottom paint flake off.

Jeff wrote:
Whenever I hear this I wonder why it isn't done by the paint makers, who
would certainly look for any competitive edge.

Are they afraid of lawsuits from people adding bottom paint to their chili?

Probably, plus they'd have to do research to prove to the EPA that
pepper doesn't harm the environment.

One great thing about the internet, old wives tales can be recirculated
much faster.

DSK