Rosalie B.

We all are. g

HEY!!

I'm not. I'm married to one of those taciturn type men who wants me
to be in the cockpit but not talk.
-----

JR Gilbreath wrote:

wrote:
Having lost objects overboard in waves, I know how easy it is to really
lose track of them, really scary. SO, we wear harnesses and tie them
to eyes in the cockpit. Still, if I fell overboard even wearing the
harness, he would have a very difficult time of it.

So practice this. It is one of the skills one should know anyway.

I love my wife but have learned I cannot sail with her. It is worse
than being single handed. Imagine being single handed while constantly
tending apparent disasters and being subjected to constant jabbering.
When I sail with her, I feel so stressed out I cannot handle it.

MY GOD! We are married to the same woman!

I suspect that part of this is lack of knowledge and a feeling of
being out of control. IMHO it would help your wives to take a sailing
course without you. That's what I did on the recommendation of my
sister. Not one of those women's courses, although I guess those can
be good too.

Not that I don't think my husband would be a bad instructor, but it
was reassuring that he was telling me the same thing as an unrelated
other person was telling me.

Just be sure that whatever course it is makes each student perform all
the maneuvers, and not get out of it by playing helpless or scared or
whatever.

grandma Rosalie