Peter Hendra

Default engine alignment

I have an engine alignment problem in that when my engine was taken
out of the boat in Port Sudan in the Red Sea, the mechanics who were
not marine engineers did not align it properly when they reinstalled
it. At lower revs it vibrates somewhat.

It has four flexi-mounts that are bolted to two longtitudinal engine
bearers and each is connected to the engine by a vertical threaded
bolt.

I would be very grateful if someone in the group could advise me the
sequence or process of aligning it again. The yacht is now out of the
water. The engine is a 37HP Nanni diesel with a "V" drive with a
plastic flexicoupling between the gearbox plate and the propellor
shaft plate.

Thanks
Peter Hendra
N.Z. yacht Herodotus