Larry W4CSC

"Roger Long" wrote in
:

I'd appreciate your opinion on that Vs hardwiring.

Boats never have enough AC outlets. There's some unwritten rule, I think.

The Amel Sharki ketch had ONE in the galley! It had been converted from
the Euro 220V outlet to 115VAC.

It now has an outlet conveniently located next to the dual battery charger
under the captain's bunk in the aft cabin....connected to two more AC
outlets conveniently located to provide AC power where there was none.

Every compartment has two or three AC outlets, now....(c;

Being able to unplug the bad charger for its return to its dealer for
replacement makes having it hard wired in a non-issue. Outlets are so easy
to install and are so handy to plug that trouble light into.....instead of
having that 50' yellow cord dragging over the decks.