Roger Long

No offence taken at all. I just hadn't looked for the cable sized yet
when I posted. My estimate was based on eyeballing the copper I could
see at the terminals and did not include the insulation.

The tie for the negative lead had disappeared and the yard made one up
that was about half the diameter. It's short so this is probably OK
but I need to verify that.

Oddly, I used to design electrical systems for boats but it's been
decades since I thought about them and my knowledge has leaked down to
the level of the average bear. I now design some very sophisticated
boats but someone else always worries about the electrical system. I
just write specs saying that they shall be "first class, incredible,
stupendous, and in accord with every know industry standard and
manufacturer's recommendation."

How do you like this one?

http://home.maine.rr.com/rlma/odurv2.htm

--

Roger Long

"padeen" wrote in message
Roger,
You'd make it easier for us, and yourself, if you could identify
those
cables with a gauge # and class, rather than a diameter. Wire
insulation
varies dramatically with its class, allowing a range of conductor
size
within a specific measurement. For instance, XLP (insulation
designation)
may be as much as .02-.05in larger than THHN.
Please don't take my post as criticism; I'm merely suggesting an
alternative
to wire descriptions by diameter.