Roger Long

"padeen" wrote in message
Roger, I like your parallel bilge pump idea, but I'm not sure how
you can
run this through one float switch as I've never heard of a DPST
bilge

Yup, I just realized that with a groan. There is no substitute for
sitting down and sketching out a schematic. Otherwise you end up
focusing on only part of the picture as you stand in the marine supply
store freaking out over how much it's going to cost you when the wife
sees the credit card statement.

If I weren't trying to keep battery drain parallel, I could just bring
the wires of the two pumps together at the switch which has enough
capacity for the amps. I'm using Rule's which (at least claim) to be
very tolerant of running dry. The pumps are only a foot apart anyway.

However, doing this with a pump on each battery would create a tie
between the systems which would become the main battery lead if I
turned the selector switch from both. FLASH BOOM!

So, I'll be calling the store first thing this morning and telling
them to send me another of those $40.00 switches. It's a good thing
our marina lets you stay aboard because that's where I'll probably be
sleeping this summer

--

Roger Long