Roger Long

In that case, you would have to leave the battery switch on both to
leave the boat charging the batteries from shore power. I like the
idea of being able to turn everything in the boat except the bilge
pump completely off when not on it. I would have to rewire the bilge
pump to the battery side to do that.

That's the way I would like it but I will probably be chartering this
boat eventually and I want to keep the set ups simple and standard.

That's why I'm asking here what is typical.

--

Roger Long

"Phil Lewis" wrote in message
ink.net...
Typically, the chargers are on the disconnect side and not the
battery side. The alternator is on the battery side. there should
also be a large fuse between both and some sytems have a battery
isolator too.