JG

Default Speaking of cockpit drains

"Steven Shelikoff" wrote in message
Anyone have any good suggestions for keeping the strainers on the
cockpit drains clear? I went to the boat yesterday and again the drains
were clogged with debris caught by the strainers. Anything that happens
to fall in the cockpit (leaves, small twigs) have nowhere else to go
except the drain. It clogs, the cockpit fills with rainwater and it
eventually fills up as high as the companionway and gets into the boat.

One little swipe across the strainers to pick up the debris and the
cockpit drains fast. But I'd love to prevent them from clogging in the
first place.

Steve

You can create a wire mesh that sticks up slightly from the surface of the
floor. This should keep the debris from clogging. I believe there was an
interesting design of this in Sail Mag a while ago. If I can find the issue,
I'll post it.