Evan Gatehouse

Peter Bennett wrote:

In some locations around here, I have to moor stern-to, so my 28 ft
boat only takes up 11 ft of dock space - they still want to charge me
for the overall length. Even worse, if I have to raft to another 28
ft boat, the marina charges _each_ of us for 28 ft!!

At Lynwood Marina in North Vancouver, they wanted to charge
me 50% extra for having a wide multihull.

I pointed out this was a dock with parallel parking i.e.
side ties for all the boats there and there was a monohull
just in front of my proposed spot that was nearly as wide
as I was. I was paying for each foot of dock that I took
up, not the water area but "that's our policy"

I found an alternative location

Evan Gatehouse