Phil Lewis

I think MaxSea is top of the line if you interface the GRIB weather
forecaster with it for serious offshore passages. For coastal and inland
work, it is probably overkill.

Sort of depends too on what you use for charts. If you use C-Map, any of
the chartplotters are all you need (Raymarine, Smirad, Furnuno) I use
Raymarine interfaced with Radar and the Autopilot and it works great. I
don't use the Raymarine software.

Other people are very happy with Nobeltec. Good thing is, you can down load
trial versions of most of this stuff and try it.

Kind of depends on what you are going to do. Long offshore passages would
make the MaxSea package very attractive. Get the OCENS WeatherNet package
to allow you to get weather and winds over the SSB or Sat phone. I assume
you are a sailor.

Phil

"Josh" wrote in message
I'm interested in interfacing my GPS unit with my laptop and utilizing
plotting software. I've looked at Maxsea wonder what other products people
have used and what they think of them.

Thanks