Brian Whatcott

On Sun, 05 Jun 2005 22:05:14 +1200, Steve wrote:

Hi,

I am building a stitch and glue sailing tender for my yacht and kids and
have got to the stage of having the outer seams all nicely taped up and
am ready to start the inside seams and adding the gunnels, center board,
thwarts etc.

I am looking for some tips on what to do about finishing the fibreglass
tape edges. There is quite a ridge there which I can sand or even plane
but even then there is quite a noticeable bump between the plywood and
the tape.

I want to paint the hull so wood finish is not an issue but ridges along
the seams are not the look I am after.

What is the trick to making it look as if the tape isn't there.

Thanks

Steve

Use thin tape, and accept the ridge.

Brian Whatcott