David Todtman

Great news! I'll get new hardener.
Thanks to all,
David Todtman

"James" wrote in message
I would prob use the resin... but would certainly get new hardener.
Advice from a man who REALLY KNOWS the chem of epoxies suggests that the
resin is very stable but the hardener can degrade quite drasticly .. This
is apparently applicable to 99% of epoxy products regardless of who/where
it was made.
"David Todtman" wrote in message
I have a glue up to do that requires epoxy. I have some old stuff (West
Syst.)--both resin and hardener--that was purchased way more than 5 years
ago. I know how to get rid of the crystallisation from the resin and have
used the stuff from time to time on non-critical applications and it seems
to work okay.

But this task is different--a couple of chairs--and I don't want to
skimp. I have to use epoxy on this glue-up because it is slippy and has a
long open time.

Does anyone know for sure if I can use what I have or need to get some
fresh stuff?

Regards,
David Todtman