Roger Derby

System Three states that shelf life for their resin and hardener is
unlimited if stored in closed containers below 90 degrees Fahrenheit. Other
brands may differ.

As you know, if stored below 40 degr (?), it will crystallize. Warming it
in a pot of hot water or a closed car will return it to clarity.

Roger

http://home.earthlink.net/~derbyrm

"John Seager" wrote in message
*** Remove NOSPAM to reply ***
"David Todtman" wrote in message
I have a glue up to do that requires epoxy. I have some old stuff (West
Syst.)--both resin and hardener--that was purchased way more than 5 years
ago. I know how to get rid of the crystallisation from the resin and
have
used the stuff from time to time on non-critical applications and it
seems
to work okay.

I'd like an answer on this one too - it's expensive stuff and I have about
litre of it in a sealed tin which I'd hate to throw away, if it's usable.
For the record, I recently finished using a tube of Araldite (not a marine
product but an epoxy FWIR) which I've had for 30 years and it seemed to be
as good as the day it was made!
John.