David Todtman

Default Old epoxy--somewhat OT (but it's an epoxy question)

I have a glue up to do that requires epoxy. I have some old stuff (West
Syst.)--both resin and hardener--that was purchased way more than 5 years
ago. I know how to get rid of the crystallisation from the resin and have
used the stuff from time to time on non-critical applications and it seems
to work okay.

But this task is different--a couple of chairs--and I don't want to skimp.
I have to use epoxy on this glue-up because it is slippy and has a long open
time.

Does anyone know for sure if I can use what I have or need to get some fresh
stuff?

Regards,
David Todtman