Paul Oman

Oddgeir Kvien wrote:

I am building a boat and am soon ready to put primer and bottom paint on
the hull. How long should the Epoxy cure before I put on the primer and
the bottom paint? I am using SP-System 106 Epoxy with fast hardener.

( My project can be seen he http://www.oddgeirkvien.com/baat )

Sooner is generally better as the epoxies will take a week or so to cure
fully. If you topcoat before then (12 hours - a few days) you'll also
get some chemical bonding between the coatings besides a pure mechanical
bond.

If you didn't use a non blushing epoxy, be sure to wash surface before
applying the topcoats.

paul oman

--

"Living on Earth is expensive, but it does include
a free trip around the Sun every year."

PAUL OMAN Progressive Epoxy Polymers, Inc.
Frog Pond Hollow - 48 Wildwood Drive
Pittsfield NH 03263
10:30-3:30 Monday-Thur EST 603-435-7199
VISA/MC/Discover/Paypal