Ron Magen

Dan,
FWIW . . .

IF it were MY boat, and this critical of a structure {with regard to the
results of a catastrophic failure}. . . I literally wouldn't trust MY eyes,
library research, and any non-viewers comments.

This may be one of those cases where the few dollars to hire a TRUE expert,
would be well spent. I would do a bit of research and find a GOOD, WELL
RECOMMENDED, local sailboat surveyor. Hire his expertise, and listen to his
opinion.

Regards & Good Luck,
Ron Magen
Backyard Boatshop

"Daniel" wrote in message
Daniel wrote:
I recently hauled my boat and after few days I noticed allarming
coloured streaks oozing out of the thin crack (very thin and of little
concern by itself) between the keel and the hull.
The colour of the streaks is green-blueish, something that suggests
copper sulfate, and sort of shiny that suggests micro-cristals.

According to the boat makers the keel bolts are AISI 316 SS and the keel
is of lead.
The boat was made in 1978.
SNIP