Paul Oman

Yes, I intend to wash it properly before sanding. After sanding I am going
to clean it with Acetone before I apply the primer. I plan to use a two
part Epoxy primer from Jotun. (www.jotun.no). According to their
information I can apply anti fouling bottom paint on the primer after
10-12 hours and before 3 - 7 days, depending on the temperature.

----

epoxies take upwards of a week to cure completely so in theory the best
time to recoat or coat with anything, is within that week, ideally as
soon as the epoxy is hard enough to handle the abuse of applying
something on top of it. That way there is a chemical bonding between the
layers besides the regular mechanical bond.

paul oman
progressive epoxy polymers