Oddgeir Kvien

On Fri, 20 May 2005 14:14:11 -0700, mike.e.worrall wrote:

A week seems about right, especially if the local temperature is above
about 60 deg F (though I have no personal experience with the epoxy
you're using).

It has been rather cold here lately, freezing in the night :-( I hope for
some sun in the weekend, then I can drag the boat out in the sun to speed
up the process.

I'll call SP (or Diab which sells it here in Norway) on monday.

Be *sure* to wash the cured epoxy surface to remove the amine blush
before you proceed to the next step, which will likely include sanding
the surface (*after* you've washed it) with something like 150 grit
paper.

Yes, I intend to wash it properly before sanding. After sanding I am going
to clean it with Acetone before I apply the primer. I plan to use a two
part Epoxy primer from Jotun. (www.jotun.no). According to their
information I can apply anti fouling bottom paint on the primer after
10-12 hours and before 3 - 7 days, depending on the temperature.

--
Oddgeir
I am building a boat: http://www.oddgeirkvien.com/baat