SouthForkSam

Wooden drift boat builders have been using kevlar for a few years in
the construction of stitch and glue boats. The current technique is to
put the kevlar on the inside of the hull attacting as a reinforcement
for the floor as these boats are prone to bashing rocks.

I cut the kevlar for my boat using an angle grinder with a cut off
disk. Put masking tape over the area to be cut, draw you cut lines on
with a marker, lay the kevlar on a sacrificial piece of ply or other
cheap board and cut it with the cut off disk.