Brian Nystrom

Glenn Ashmore wrote:
"Brian Nystrom" wrote

Better yet, get a Bahco (formerly Sandvik) carbide scraper. It works well
for scraping composites and doesn't require constant sharpening. It's one
of the few tools that will shape Dynel and Kevlar without dulling or
producing fuzz.

The handled scraper is carbide intended
mostly for removing old paint. It does do a good job on roughing down
composites but it doesn't do anything like as good a job on wood or epoxy
sealed wood that the OP is talking about.

I use it primarily for roughing, as you suggest, though it does produce
a smooth surface on small areas. For some reason, I assumed Per's
primary interest was in removing epoxy runs and such, rather than finish
work. You're right that a steel scraper is a better way to go for the
latter task.