Matt Langenfeld

There is no additive that will give epoxy complete UV protection without
paint or varnish over the top of it.

Don't forget, a brief case does not sit out in the sun and epoxy does
not instantly break down from UV rays. So that brief case will probably
see many many years without any sort of visable effect from UV rays.

--
Matt Langenfeld
JEM Watercraft

Bob La Londe wrote:
I ran into a fellow at a guns how in Vegas a couple years ago. He had
soemthing interesting. An epoxy and carbon fiber brief case they made made
in their shop. I asked him about his choice of epoxy instead of polyester,
and he said that the epoxy had a problem with sunlight, but they were able
to make a much more durable product with epoxy from every other perspective.
I asked him abotu the UV issue, and he claimed they used a UV blocker
additive int eh epoxy that should totally eliminate the problem. Any idea
what that might have been? It looked like clear epoxy over carbon fiber
fabric.

Bob La Londe
www.YumaBassMan.com