William R. Watt

I don't know offhand of specific plans but if you find a photo or drawing
of the boat on the Internet or in a book from the public library, you can
measure the dimensions, knowing for reference that the boat is 8 ft long.
I've seen library books which describe the way the sprit is attached to
the sail.

There is a file on sprit sails, and some photos of simple sprit sails I've
made, on my webiste at www.ncf.ca/~ag384/Boats.htm. I've been making
sprits sails with mast sleeves that rotate around the mast. They're kind
of interesting for stability downwind, ie. no broaching or dead man's
roll. I was out testing a modification to the lastest sail yesterday.

"Bob" ) writes:
Hi-

I'm looking for plans for a Sprit Rig for the 8 foot Sabot Dinghy that I'm
building.
Any advice on where I can find plans etc for this type of rig would be
appreciated.

Thanks,

Bob

homepage: www.ncf.ca/~ag384/top.htm