Shortwave Sportfishing

On Mon, 09 May 2005 00:44:47 -0400, Wayne.B
wrote:

On Mon, 09 May 2005 00:30:33 GMT, "Peter Aitken"
wrote:

Which brings up a related question. Different systems use different maps,
and it seems to me that the quality of the maps is a very important factor.
Where can you get information about this?

Good question. Another factor to consider is compatability and vendor
"lock in". Although I'm generally happy with my Furuno CMAP unit, I
am unhappy that Furuno CMAP cartridges are incompatible with other
CMAP units. There is a similar isue with Garmin chart CDs. If you
pay to have a Garmin chart "unlocked" from the CD, it will only
function with the unit/serial # that you unlocked it for.

What format is the data in?

Later,

Tom