Joe Blizzard

Default Mercruiser Topic

"Tan PS" wrote
Exhaust bellow ...
Bought the tool as recommended
but it is quite useless ...
split the tool and used one arm to do the job.

Glad you brought this up. I'm planning to replace the bellows on my 1977
165/R this winter, since it looks like I may keep the boat a while and I'm
pretty sure the ones on it are the originals. Looking at the exhaust bellows
tool, it seems rather expensive for what it appears to be. (a couple of bent
sticks, joined with a hinge in the middle) I was thinking I could fabricate
something that would do the job and save a few bucks.

Lower shift cable ...
Fitting needed a special tool

Like this one?
http://www.mercstuff.com/group_image...ablesocket.htm
(It's on my shopping list.)

Bell housing hinge pin ...
As all old boat stuff, stuck.
Tool now used as paperweight.
Didn't want to push it ...

Don't you have to remove the hinge pins to get to the bellowses?