tony thomas

Personally I would save my money and keep the engine you have.
What are you looking for:
1. More top end speed
2. More acceleration out of the hole
3. Lower rpms at plane speed
4. Lower plane speed
etc...
Chances are a good SS prop of the right size and type will do as much for
you than adding 25 hp and staying w/ a cheap aluminum prop.

Keep looking and you will find a good engine in a 135 to 140 range.

For longevity (years of trouble free service) I would stay away from the
Optimax.

--
Tony
my boats and cars at http://t.thomas.home.mchsi.com

-
wrote in message
oups.com...
Guys:

Thanks for the replies. Boat's Max HP is 140. I can't afford new, so
that leaves whatever comes in used, and I need a 20" shaft, and those
140's don't come in all that often. I was afraid that 115 would not
give me the power increase I was looking for.

OK, the other possibility is a used Suzuki 115 2stroke. Owned by a
little old lady who only used it to go to church..... Actually owned by
an older gent who wants 4stroke technology. Probably has 150 hours on
it -- easy hours.

Lastly, I could go with a merc optimax, but I hear mixed things about
those engines. I think Suzuki blows them out of the water (no pun
intended).

What do you guys think?

Joe