Shortwave Sportfishing

On 8 May 2005 15:21:34 -0700, wrote:

Guys:

Thanks for the replies. Boat's Max HP is 140. I can't afford new, so
that leaves whatever comes in used, and I need a 20" shaft, and those
140's don't come in all that often. I was afraid that 115 would not
give me the power increase I was looking for.

OK, the other possibility is a used Suzuki 115 2stroke. Owned by a
little old lady who only used it to go to church..... Actually owned by
an older gent who wants 4stroke technology. Probably has 150 hours on
it -- easy hours.

Lastly, I could go with a merc optimax, but I hear mixed things about
those engines. I think Suzuki blows them out of the water (no pun
intended).

What do you guys think?

I'm firmly in the two stroke camp.

Most of the Optimax problems have been overstated, but when they go it
can be expensive. Of course, that is true of any engine, four or two
stroke.

I assume the Suzuki is a carbureted two stroke. These aren't the most
efficient engines.

Later,

Tom