Shortwave Sportfishing

On 7 May 2005 18:02:29 -0700, wrote:

All:

I am thinking about picking up a 2001 Suzuki 115 4 stroke outboard for
my 18cc (I think it has about 350 hours on it). I currently have a
1997 90 merc 2 stroke, but I want a bit more power, more fuel
efficiency and less pollution.

Question: Does anyone have experience with a 2001 Suzuki 115 4 Stroke?
I understand that 2001 was the first year that the 115 was produced in
the 4 stroke configuration, and I tend to stay away from first year
model production runs. Thoughts?

I would max out the HP for that boat. Tony thought 150 and I would
agree with him. Check the data plate.

As to the engine, those that I know who own them have had fairly good
results with them. I know the Sea//Tow operators over in Narragensett
Bay have Suzuki 4 strokes and they beat the hell out of them.

Other than the usual myths about four strokes, is there a reason to go
this way? You may want to consider Direct Injection two stroke
engines like Yamaha or Evinrude which are much more efficient, lighter
and produce quicker and effective horsepower.

As Tony said, the dealer is what makes this all work properly. If you
aren't working with a reputable dealer with a well established
reputation for service and integrity, then when it all goes wonky,
it's likely to stay that way.

Good luck.

Later,

Tom