tony thomas

What HP is your boat rated for? My guess is 150 hp.
You are not going to see much difference in performance between a 90 and
115. You will see a little more fuel economy but that will be about it. I
would look for the max hp your boat can handle.

As for the Suzuki. Don't know about that year but in general they are good
engines. Just make sure you have a good dealer local to your area. If you
don't - I would not even consider it.

Tony
my boats and cars at http://t.thomas.home.mchsi.com

wrote in message
oups.com...
All:

I am thinking about picking up a 2001 Suzuki 115 4 stroke outboard for
my 18cc (I think it has about 350 hours on it). I currently have a
1997 90 merc 2 stroke, but I want a bit more power, more fuel
efficiency and less pollution.

Question: Does anyone have experience with a 2001 Suzuki 115 4 Stroke?
I understand that 2001 was the first year that the 115 was produced in
the 4 stroke configuration, and I tend to stay away from first year
model production runs. Thoughts?

Joe