Capt. Frank Hopkins

Default Material for Bunkers

Hi Gary,

Just a thought, But 2x6 may put a lot of strain on the contact points.

My Uncle Frank used to build boat trailers (and boats) for "The John
Boram Boat Company." The trailers had short bunks at the rear and the
boat's weight was supported by centerline keel rollers. "The rubber
rollers," said he, "give a little shock absorption, and do not transfer
road vibration to the hull."

His trailers and Boram boats were much like yours shown in the pictures
at http://thebayguide.com/rec.boats/

So do you have any current pix of "Delilah"

Capt. Frank

Gary Warner wrote:
I know it's be asked before but what the hay - at least it's not political:

We're coming up to the stage where we have to make the bukners for
our trailer. Boat is 22' wood hull. We'll be using 2x6s or something
for the bunks. What is the best material to cover them with? Would
indoor-outdoor carpet work OK?