Tom

Default Material for Bunkers

On Sun, 18 Jan 2004 04:04:49 -0500, "Gary Warner"
wrote:

I know it's be asked before but what the hay - at least it's not political:

We're coming up to the stage where we have to make the bukners for
our trailer. Boat is 22' wood hull. We'll be using 2x6s or something
for the bunks. What is the best material to cover them with? Would
indoor-outdoor carpet work OK?

Indoor-outdoor carpet works OK for bunks but the best thing you can
use is UHMW-PE. Try to find "drops" at your local plastics distributor
and look for black "repro" which is cheaper and resists UV better.
Carpet tends to hold water which contributes to rot and UHMW is
slicker. Good luck.