Calif Bill

Default removing barnacles and husks

Would not acid remove them? Muriatic acid eats up most shells.
Bill

"Capt. Frank Hopkins" wrote in message
ink.net...
Light sandblasting or heavy (3500 psi) pressure cleaning. But you may
have to sand. If must sand, please educate yourself on environmental and
safety requirements prior to sanding. The dust is unhealthy for just
about anything that lives.

Regards,

Capt. Frank
www.home.earthlink.net/~aartworks

F330 GT wrote:

does anyone have a suggestion on how to remove barnacles and husks from

fiberglass hull. have already scrapped barnacles but husks remain. any
suggestions on the best way to remove?

The only way I'm aware of is sanding. The marina's I've used in the past

have
used a DA (dual action) pneumatic sander after scraping and/or pressure
cleaning. Sanding is usually only done if you need a very smooth bottom.

Not
for a normal bottom paint job.

Barry
Barry