Clams Canino

Default Why Ficht failed no1

Regardless of her questionable state of balance. ....

Just like the B1 bomber is so "unflyable" that it needs a computer to help
fly it, likewise DFI is so "unworkable" that it needs computerized precision
to help run it.

Yes the B1 *does* fly, and the DFI's *do* work. But both of them are quite
"unnatural". DFI got off to a rough start. Both OMC and Mercury had a lot
of "teething problems" with those critters.

I'm *almost* comfortable that they have them pretty well sorted out now.
But, were I to buy a DFI I'd go with Mercury over OMC. IMHO Mercury had a
bit less trouble with the early Opimax than OMC did with the FICHT

All that said, I'll give up my Mercury Tower of Power when they pry it from
my cold dead hands.

-W

"Mad Dog Dave" wrote in message

My guess after reading several of your posts here is that no one wants
to challenge you, not because you know what you are talking about, but
because you may be an off-balance psychotic. You sure come across as
one.