James W. Sloan

Default Coast Guard Auxiliary and Homeland Security

" I see it not much different than inviting the police into your house
so they can look through your rooms, closets and stuff.

Apples & Oranges Mad Dog. When my local Aux. folks check a boat, they hardly
even even get in the thing. They ask to see the jackets, flares, turn on the
nav lights, etc. All done while standing on the dock or alongside the
trailer. Perhaps your experiences differ.

Besides the
sticker does not ensure you are operating a safe boat. All it states
is that you have certain minimal equipment on boatd. The operation of
a safe boat is entirely up to the vessel's captain.

Agreed. It does, however, tend to reduce the stop & checks from the Coasties
and DNR.

No big deal. I just say no when approached. It is annoying when the
same guys ask every other weekend, though.

Say yes and get a sticker for the next years worth of ramp visits...its
really not painful at all.

Regards,

James Sloan
Saint Simons Island, GA