Calif Bill

Default A couple of newbie questions

"Joe Parsons" wrote in message
[HAIRSPLITTING=ON]

On Sat, 17 Jan 2004 19:57:18 GMT, Short Wave Sportfishing
wrote:

A nautical mile is also, precisely, 6,076.12 feet.

That's not precise--that's rounded to two decimals.

A nautical mile is, by definition, precisely 1,852 meters, as mentioned

above.

That converts to 6,076.11549 feet (which still is not precise!).

[HAIRSPLITTING=OFF]

I look at it this way - if I can get within four feet of something, I
can holler at it. :)

Now THAT is practical navigation!

Joe Parsons

Difference between an engineer and a mathematician.

Voluptuous Dallas Cheer leader is standing nekid on the goal line.
The engineer and math nerd are on the other line. Told that the first one
to her gets her. Only restriction is can move only 1/2 the distance to the
goal in any one move. Math nerd says 'won't even start, is an infinite
series and will never get there.'. Engineer is moving and states, 7 moves
and I am close enough for any thing I want to do.

Joe, you a math minor in a business major?
Bill