JDavis1277

Default Why Ficht failed no1

Please add my little 1999 model 115 FICHT to the list of those owned by happy
owners.

During break in the engine had an annoying habit of dripping oil into the motor
well. This has stopped after approximately 120 hours of use. It slowly
diminished from about 20 hours until it stopped completely.

I like just about all outboards. The newish Merc 115 Opti is interesting and I
guess is one bank of the 225 Opti. Four strokes are, probably, the future of
outboards and as I expect they will have lost weight and improved hole shot
performance by the time I'm in the market I'll probably move on from my FICHT
then.

BTW, amongst it's two stroke brethern my 115 is the quietest, fastest, most
fuel efficient 115 I've seen.

YMMV.

Butch