swatcop

Default Coast Guard Auxiliary and Homeland Security

"Bob" wrote in message
On Fri, 16 Jan 2004 10:45:48 -0500, DSK wrote:

swatcop wrote:

Hmmm. WHY won't they submit to fingerprinting? If they've got nothing

hide, what's the problem?

Because it's an invasion of privacy and it's humiliating. I would not be

part of
any organization that insisted I be fingerprinted.

this is a contradiction. being a member of the auxiliary is voluntary.
it's not an invasion of privacy to have a background check when you're
handling classified materials. do you think everyone should have this
type of access?

I believe that citizens should be respected in their homes and in their

persons.
If the gov't cannot abide by that agreement, then we need to either rip

up the
Consitution once and for all (and many would say "good riddance") or else

get
the gov't back on the right track.

being a member of the auxiliary is not a right, it's a privilege. it's
not unconstitutional to have a background check.

Thanks for helping to meke my point, Bob. But I think this guy is a moron. I
replied to his last attempt at a reply, but I'm not going to reply to any
more of his posts unless he comes up with something intelligent that
actually applies to the topic. I think we're wasting our time.
--
-= swatcop =-

"If it wasn't for stupid people I'd be unemployed."