Bob

Default Coast Guard Auxiliary and Homeland Security

On Fri, 16 Jan 2004 10:45:48 -0500, DSK wrote:

swatcop wrote:

Hmmm. WHY won't they submit to fingerprinting? If they've got nothing to
hide, what's the problem?

Because it's an invasion of privacy and it's humiliating. I would not be part of
any organization that insisted I be fingerprinted.

this is a contradiction. being a member of the auxiliary is voluntary.
it's not an invasion of privacy to have a background check when you're
handling classified materials. do you think everyone should have this
type of access?

I believe that citizens should be respected in their homes and in their persons.
If the gov't cannot abide by that agreement, then we need to either rip up the
Consitution once and for all (and many would say "good riddance") or else get
the gov't back on the right track.

being a member of the auxiliary is not a right, it's a privilege. it's
not unconstitutional to have a background check.
to see who "wf3h" is, go to "qrz.com"
and enter 'wf3h' in the field