Short Wave Sportfishing

Default Why Ficht failed no1

On Fri, 16 Jan 2004 23:21:29 +1100, K Smith
wrote:

This NG has been the only place, anywhere that has been shown to have
correctly predicted Ficht would fail & explain why. Yes we're a messy
abusive bunch but we seem to have got this correct before anyone at all,
even beforte they started to fail in huge numbers, OMC admitted 1 in 5,
but that was probably a fudge like everything else they said.

~~ snippity do da ~~

I have a '00 200 Evinrude FICHT on my Ranger CC that Bombadier has
been most helpful with by updating the engine with all the safety/fuel
fixes, replacing the computer and electronic harness twice all at no
charge to me. They wre not required to do this I might add - they did
it on their own with no prompting from me when I bought the boat. I
have a new fuel pump sitting right next to my desk that is an update
and will be installed in the spring - no charge to me.

The engine does have a slight vibration around 2300 rpm, but I
understand that is typical for this model engine and is related to the
V angle of the block and is not an unbalance or fuel delivery problem.
It delivers plenty of horsepower in the normal rpm range and will push
the Ranger beyond 50 mph with a following wind and around 45/47 (GPS)
mph on a normal run.

I have nothing but good things to say about Bombadier and the FICHT
engine ignition/injection scheme.

Later,

Tom
S. Woodstock, CT