John Gaquin

Default Coast Guard Auxiliary and Homeland Security

"Doug Kanter" wrote in message newsHxNb.946

Of course it's not a written policy. But, it's a major source of fodder

for
comedians, movie makers and quite a few former soldiers who know that the
military mentality is often centered around nonsensical layers of red tape
and inefficiency.

The "...military mentality...". Exactly what is that? An example of
exactly the kind of bias that some people find oh, so clever and
sophisticated, but aggravates the bejesus out of me. You will find as much
or probably more rigidity and tunnel-vision in *any* large bureaucracy [such
as the Dept. of the Interior, or Dept. HHS, for example] without nearly the
corresponding skill and benefit to our society as a whole. And yet, people
still love to toss out the derogatory lines about the military. Sad,
really.