Woodchuck

Anything sensitive to the +/- mix-up such as stereo and other electronic
items. As for your alt... smoke isn't a good thing and I bet the diodes got
partly fried and sooner or later it's going to die. If the diodes short out
then you will have a lot more SMOKE! Just hope you are close to shore!

wrote in message
oups.com...
I did. I admit it. Got in a hurry and hooked the battery cables up
wrong. Heard a hiss and a little smoke by the alternator. Unhooked it
and took it up to the shop to get it bench tested. They said it was
putting out 50amps and nothing was wrong with it. Anything else I
should look at?