Rodney Myrvaagnes

On Wed, 4 May 2005 14:30:19 -0500, "Del Cecchi"
wrote:

I am looking for a way to communicate from boat to my spouse on shore over
distances of less than 10 miles. This is due to some medical issues I
have.

I have looked at VHF radios, but there seem to be few that plug into 110 for
cabin use. I could just go with a couple of hand helds if that would have
the range. Does anyone have experience with the range of VHF Handhelds?

Any suggestions for a unit for the Cabin? Or do I just get a boat unit, a
battery and a charger?

Yes, or just a 12-Volt DC supply. Look at the radios in marina dock
offices. They are standard fixed mount marine radios.

Rodney Myrvaagnes J36 Gjo/a

The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the
simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.
- Richard Dawkins, "Viruses of the Mind"