Lumberjack

Default v hull dory

Okay, I know that this is a stupid newbie question, but I'm planning to
build a partially decked 15' rower / daysailer similar to Devlin's Egret.
I've downloaded the HULL chine design program and played with traditional
dory designs.

I find that if I use a v bottom at 20 degrees heel, the resulting righting
moment goes up 50 percent compared to a traditional flat bottom dory.

1. a v-bottomed dory is really a skiff, right?
2. aside from losing the ability to easily beach the boat, are there any
downsides to building with a v bottom? My goal is to increase ultimate
stability, and I think I can live with a little additional initial
tenderness
3. the primary job of this boat is as a rowboat. Will a v bottom hurt in
this regard?

I have the .hul file, if that would be helpful in providing advice.