Brian D wrote:
Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but as I understand it, the

pilot house
is a wheel house that is raised. A wheel house is a steering station

with
hard sides and roof. Neither is outfitted with a salon, keeping in

mind
that a salon typically means settee and/or table, galley, and the

like, and
it's sometimes separated from the pilot house, and as mentioned,

sometimes
on a separate level (even if only different by 6").

No clue on dog house, but my wife says I live there. And I have no

clue on
what a deck saloon is ...is that just a cooler of beer?

Brian D

You might be right. However, I am building a pilothouse sloop and it's
not raised. I would not call it a wheel house, but I think of wheel
houses as being raised as well. I think of wheel houses as somthing on
a larger commercial boat whereas a pilothouse might be on a smaller
workboat or a recreational craft. That is certainly not a qualified
definition, however.

Al Gunther Kingston, WA ---- 47=B0 48.1'N, 122=B0 30.0'W