surfnturf

There certainly are lots of cement barges plying the costal rivers of China.
Staight sides and flat botton, but probably for ease of construction and
load handling.

Might want to play with the math a little to get a fix on the shape that
encloses the greatest volume with the least surface area. Hmmm. Sounds a lot
like half a sphere. Could cast it inside a basketball...

surfnturf

"No Spam" wrote in message

I think I would model it after river barges. very flat bottom, straight
sides and rounded up at both ends. Rectangle shape. It is used to haul
tons of coal around here every day. It is also a very simple shape to
produce. Also agree with everyone else that you need a mesh inside to
keep it all together.