Graham Stephen

"Larry W4CSC" wrote in message
"Graham Stephen" wrote in
:

What are the harmonised colours used in the EU for 12V DC wiring on
yachts? My suspicions are blue and red, but considering what has been
done to 3 phase AC goodness knows. (Were the "new" colours used
anywhere in the EU or world prior to that directive?)

Our boat is a French Amel Sharki. All the wires are Blue (-) and Brown
(+)
throughout the boat. The boat is a 1986 model.

With all the straight screws holding everything together, we try to say
French without cursing...(c;........damn them.

We are definitely moving forwards:

Negative: Blue, Black, or Yellow

Positive: Brown, Red, (Orange if 24V)

I think I have some white positive on my boat as well.....

Graham

re the French - we Scots have a very long term understanding with them -
probably something to do with a common position on the English going back a
thousand or so years......... I would admit that their gallic take on
things is sometimes a little bit too individual.