Maddy

Default Connecting GPS recvr to Inmarsat Antenna

I have a Simrad Shipmate CP32 GPS reciever and a Skanti scansat
Inmarsat C terminal. I have only one place to mount an antenna. So I
connected my GPS to the Inmarsat C antenna in parallel using a T joint
and have found that I get a fix whenever the Inmarsat is switched
on(probably becoz the antenna is powered by the transreciever, around
9V). Can I continue doing that and is it dangerous. I also have a
Garmin GPS25 GPS board. Can I do the same with it? Will the 9v supply
be dangerous?