DSK

Default San Juan 34...Any known issues? How good compared to others?

bwilson wrote:

I'm thinking of buying one (1982 model) and I'm impressed with a lot of
features. Anyone have comments good or bad?
Any known issues with these boats?

Not anything particular to the SJ34, but a couple of issues with any
similar boat of similar vintage: keel bolts, rudder integrity including
post & bearings, age of standing rigging, sail inventory, and since most of
these boats have been cruised, integrity of wiring & plumbing.

A comment I have about these types of mid-1970s IOR influenced boats is
that they don't sail downwind very well, and don't like a chop. They are
somewhat faster and somewhat roomier than the slightly older, prettier CCA
influenced boats though.

Fresh Breezes- Doug King